22 October 2010

Vacation begins.

I haven't been here for very long, but I feel the vacation has come at a good time. After having three weeks of classes, it feels good to relax and travel a bit around France. Today, I didn't have any classes due to the Cross-country race at the middle school and the high schoolers decided to cancel their class and make it up when we return from the vacation. I'm free! Now, to thinking about what I'm going to do over the break.

(1) Rassemblement des Jeunes in Nantes this weekend. Should be an amazing time especially meeting young Christians from all over the region.

(2) Graduate school applications. I'm close to completing the statements of purpose as well as finishing up the writing sample work that lingers over me. But fortunately, I'm not stressing about it. I think everything will work out in its own timing and way. God will do the rest of the work, and within time, I will know where He has placed me for the coming year. It's always a comfort to know that God will take care of all circumstances. He provides for all our needs to the point where we don't have any needs any more. This world constantly comes up with new "needs," most of which are unfulfillable. In contrast, the Lord provides for every need we have. And we give in return our lives and our faith. This faith has the ability to move mountains, for God is always with us.

(3) Reading "Jacques le fataliste," philosophical dialogue by Diderot that is perhaps his most famous work apart from his "Encyclopedie."

(4) Mont Malo and Saint-Michel. My family is planning on taking me to these wondrous sights in the northwestern part of France, not too far away from where we are now. It's the birthplace of Chateaubriand and other famous French people. It should be pretty fun.

(5) Long weekend in Paris- I will be going to visit my friend Johan in Paris and will be staying in his apartment for several nights. I have a list of hotspots to visit while there. Montmartre and the Basilique de Sacre Coeur, the Sorbonne, Musee d'Orsay, and Notre Dame de Paris, the main sights. On the last day before returning home, I will visit my former prof from Middlebury, Nicolas.

This will be a productive and enjoyable break with some rest in between. I'm excited about the travel! Fall is in the air! I'm loving it.

No comments:

Post a Comment