19 October 2010

Another rainy day and strikes abound!

Middle school time! Oh what lovely days those were, puberty, adolescence, rebellion. Good times... The students were fairly well-behaved with the exception of some. But they couldn't stop talking in French. Every time they asked me a question in French, I would answer back in English. I did keep the middle-schoolers entertained, but they wouldn't stop talking in French. That sort of drove me crazy as I was translating their comments and questions and then responding in English. In any case, I kept them entertained. I showed them pictures of houses decorated for Halloween, pumpkins and Jack-O-Lanterns (which they thoroughly enjoyed), and even a Disney cartoon to illustrate the Halloween experience.

A quiet afternoon at home. I returned to my work at the lycee and gave a course at 17h in spite of the strike. Five out of twelve showed up for class, which wasn't too bad. Still, I haven't seen all twelve of the students in my conversation class. That's somewhat annoying. Another day, another strike, and somewhat uneventful. Perhaps that's what a routine is supposed to look like.

No comments:

Post a Comment