04 October 2010

Introduction to the Griffons

The Griffon family has shown an amazing amount of hospitality from the moment I arrived in Mayenne.  They have taken me places (to the bank, into town, etc) and have given me invaluable contacts with area residents.  I feel so blessed to be with them.  The second day I was here, Nathy took me to the Ecole de Musique to ask about musical offerings.  We met the conductor of the Orchestre Symphonique de la Haute Mayenne, who invited me to come to a rehearsal on Saturday.  We also saw the mediateque/bibliotheque in the brand new building.  God is so good!  I went to the rehearsal on Saturday and truly enjoyed playing such pieces as "The Sorceror's Apprentice" and "Pirates of the Caribbean."  We will be having a concert in a couple weeks.

Also, the Griffons put me into contact with the Kabandanas, an African family from Mayenne, who attend regularly the worship services at the Eglise Protestant Evangelique in Laval.  Attending the service yesterday (Sunday) was a truly spiritual experience with good teaching and contemporary worship music, all in French.  I'll have to get used to that here.  It's amazing how God has worked to prepare the way for this experience in France.  I am ever so thankful and happy to be here.  Still tired, though from the decalage (time difference) and adjusting to new surroundings...

No comments:

Post a Comment