08 October 2010

"Friday, I'm in love!"

My first Friday after work in the lycee this week.  Morning classes were pretty good.  I saw the professional work students who needed to improve their English.  They were older and a little nicer.  My PowerPoint highlighted some geography, family information, and my personal hobbies.  We're still in the introductory stages of the teaching.  I next saw the secondes or the sophomores.  It's so funny!  I look at them and think:  why they're so incredibly young!  Why, they're just kids! Then, I realize, I'm not too much older than they are, six or seven years.  These kids struggled somewhat with communication but they asked some very pertinent questions.

I break-ed for lunch and went back to the Griffon's house.  Today, I got a package from home!  It only took one week, and it contained my anorak (ski jacket), wool peacoat, and black dress shoes.  These will become indispensable in the coming weeks as the temperature gets colder.  After lunch I headed back to school to see another class of secondes.  They were pretty rowdy and yet had some good questions.  I have a feeling that the secondes may be the most stressful to handle.  Nevertheless, I'll, in almost every case, be responsible for 10 or 11 students maximum.  That's much more manageable.

It's rather warm today and I would like to take advantage of it.  The weather is supposed to be beautiful this weekend.  Perhaps, I could go see the chateau in the downtown area, have a glass of wine in town, or buy a pastry at the boulangerie.  French life is pretty awesome right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment