20 October 2010

"I pull my shirt on, walk out the door, drag my feet along the floor." (Vampire Weekend, "Campus")

This was one of those mornings where I got out of bed, fixed my hair, and walked out the door with my stuff. I was not in a rush, just didn't feel like taking a shower. What's more, I only wanted to sleep 30 minutes extra. In case you didn't already know, I am a heavy sleeper (gros dormeur as they call us in France). I prize sleep, maybe inadvertently idolize it, even though I shouldn't. Yeah, I enjoy sleeping, taking naps, relaxing in my room with the radiator on warm. Fall: my favorite season. The temperature continues to drop with time, and it feels absolutely wonderful outside. I treasure the fall sun and the autumnal breeze.

When I arrived at school, I prepared the room with the projector and computer. Everything went pretty well. I had maybe three or four students that came. So I talked about film once more. Each person shared his or her favorite film and we watched trailers of each. Then, we talked about each film individually. Realizing that this group of students was not very awake, I showed them some pictures of Halloween decorations and jack-o-lanterns to close up the lesson.

The second class at 10:00am was even quieter than the first. There were 4 girls, all the literature students. When I called upon them to give a description of their favorite films, they articulately described plot, characters, soundtracks with relative ease, and I was rather surprised to hear that they could articulate so fluidly. It was nice to hear from each of the girls; however, I ran out of time to tell them about Halloween.

I haven't done much today other than sleeping and working on graduate school statements of purpose. I got to talk to Nathy a little bit in the kitchen. But other than that, it's been a fairly "chill" day without many obligations or meetings. The Toussaint holidays will start very soon, and I'm realizing more and more that I need to start planning my trip to Paris the weekend after this coming weekend. Fortunately, I have a book that describes different places I can go. It should be a fun time. I will be staying with my friend Johan, whom I know through Andrew Musser. His English is apparently very good. Looking forward to that.

In other news, the Rassemblement des Jeunes in Nantes is this weekend, and it should be awesome! I can't wait to meet other young Christians from around the Pays de la Loire region of France. It will be a great weekend to get away for a little bit and then worship the Lord on Sunday in Laval.

No comments:

Post a Comment