08 December 2010

Relaxing plunge into the pool

After a long morning of classes and a nap in the afternoon, I decided to go to the pool to continue my swimming routine that I have enjoyed numerous times. Swimming, for me, is a sport I love, and it's perhaps the only one I can truly appreciate, because for one, it's relaxing, two, it's a total body workout, three, I love swimming under water with gills like a fish (Think King Arthur and Merlin: "Be a fish!"-- I am the fish, the beastly fish.) What I do for 50 minutes is I swim laps alternating between breath-stroke, swimming underwater, butterfly, and freestyle. There's something about being in the water in my shorty maillot de bain and wearing my goggles that is so therapeutic and cool that all my cares drift away into the cholorinized water and I just think about swimming and being the fish that I mentioned above. It's exhilarating and relaxing.

The simple joys of going to the pool, things we cherished in childhood days, continue on. I take advantage of these moments to be thankful and to feel the blessings that I receive from the Lord every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment