12 December 2010

Another weekend, one more week...

It was a fairly good weekend. The concert at the Basilica of Notre Dame went very well and the church was packed the evening of the performance. Afterwards, we had a late-night party, which was thoroughly enjoyable. I've continued to have trouble sleeping at night. It seems that my system has trouble at night, perhaps because I'm a night owl. It is difficult for me to have restful sleep all the time, and that has caused some problems with chronic fatigue. Hopefully, that will be remedied with the vacation and rest.

I went to church this morning exhausted more than ever before, especially after going to bed at around three o'clock in the morning. It was a rather miserable time in church for me, to say the least. Not to mention, I had to hear an hour of a sermon from the over-energetic, fiery, and sometimes charismatic elder of the church. He said several things that I didn't agree with theologically. Not the first time actually. What unnerved me the worst, was when he talked about how it was not "normal" to be single today and how man was meant to get married from the beginning. His words about singlehood and marriage were not at all encouraging. And also, he was yelling practically the entire time, which is a huge turn off when it comes to lecturing and delivering the Word. Add to that, I didn't feel "in the Spirit" at all this morning and even the morning worship songs did not speak to me in ways they had previously. Adjusting to this church has been hard, and I don't feel I've completely made the adjustment. I have a couple friends that I don't want to lose if I were to choose to leave. But it's difficult to stay at a place, where I'm not feeling completely part of the atmosphere and disagree with several theological points. So, at the moment, I'm contemplating looking for another church at the beginning of the new year.

Tomorrow, I head to Nantes for the final step in validating my visa at the "medical visit." It's so disappointing, because I have never actually "done" Nantes. Every time I've gone (this makes three times), I've gone for business. This was the original city where I wanted to go from the selection process for the assistant program. Oh well. I might just have to make the trip sometime else. At least, I get a day off from school, making my week a four-day week before vacation. It's so close, I could reach out and touch it...

No comments:

Post a Comment