21 December 2010

Charlie Brown Christmas and skyping for the holidays

One of my favorite holiday traditions is gathering around to watch "A Charlie Brown Christmas." This entire afternoon, I was listening to the Vince Guaraldi Trio playing the music that is very festive and memorable. I was so excited about listening to the music that I decided to find the actual movie on iTunes, which I proceeded to purchase on iTunes so that I would have a definitive copy of it, rather than searching YouTube all the time. Of course, I am a sucker for wanting to do everything the legal way. Doing any kind of illegal downloading frightens me, since you never know what an illegal file could do to your computer. Anyway, I enjoyed downloading music and watching the classic Christmas special today.

Also, this afternoon, I spoke with my middle brother, Jeff, via Skype from his Air Force base in Altus, Oklahoma. He seems to be doing well. Jeff wrote me a very frank and brotherly message the other day that I was very happy to read on Facebook. He will be spending Christmas in Austin, TX with his friends in a not-so-shabby hotel, the Sheraton. Jeff seems to love Austin for the cultural things that there are to do there. He mentioned going to a death metal concert and entering into a fist fight to "save" his friends from an attack. Anyone who knows my brother, Jeff, knows he doesn't "take no shit" from anyone and will ensure that justice is taken care of, even if that involves blood and scaring off people with his physical prowess. (He's in such great shape, as he has had intensive physical training both during the football season in high school and in the military.) Anyway, he told me about that. He seems excited about seeing the whole family at his return in May. I'm looking forward to seeing him after I return home.

This evening, I will speak with my parents once more as they get ready to come see me in Paris. Hopefully, there will be no weather-related delays or cancellations as England and surrounding areas have been hammered with terrible weather. It looks like the "all-clear" can be sounded, looking at the meteo web sites for the Paris (Ile-de-France) region. Later, this week, I will have a skype visit with Elizabeth (my childhood and lifelong friend) and Devin, a good friend from college. Looking forward to communicating with people back home. So many blessings with technology these days.

No comments:

Post a Comment