14 November 2010

Some encouraging news

All right, well it's not so new, but I thought I would update everyone who reads my blog on a regular basis. (To my invisible audience: It's funny, though, I really don't know who many of you are, because you follow me anonymously, and it would be nice if I could know exactly who is reading my every thought. I mention it because I do keep tabs on how many people are reading the blog on a daily basis, as my account lets me know. It can be anywhere from 15 to 40 people on a single day.)

Anyhow, I have been getting encouraging news from Brown University's professors when asking them about my research project for graduate school. One of them, who is retiring, said he would assist me next year before retiring from the program. This unnamed professor told me that perhaps three or four professors could be strong supporters of my project. That translates to better chances of actually getting in! I was thrilled to receive this news as Brown is my number one choice and Providence, RI would be a great place to live (situated 3 hours north of NYC and just an hour from Boston). Large New England town with plenty to do in its own quarter. We'll see what happens. I've been receiving encouraging news also from the University of Illinois, Columbia, and Princeton. It's all in the Lord's hands after I submit my applications. I'm feeling a bit more confident while matching my project with the research interests of professors of these well-established universities. Everything will be revealed in February or March.

Another weekend, another week ahead. Time is flying. My first deadline for graduate school applications is: December 1 for UVA and Princeton. I have time, but I'm going to have to finalize my statement of purpose soon.

Keeping moving...

No comments:

Post a Comment