15 November 2010

Another "Monday morning feeling" all day long...

An ordinary morning, starting with Corn Pops and a warm cup of coffee. I thought I was fine ad that everything would turn out all right. However, soon, I realized it wouldn't be so peachy and enjoyable. My first course was at 11am, and it went okay, but the students were not engaged and didn't seem to want to do the activities I was asking them to do. This is the group that goes to lunch right after class, the 1ESB (juniors). Their discussion was not so wonderful, and even when I played the songs, they would not respond to my discussion questions. The next class was the TSTGB, and they were pretty good and engaged a bit more. They also chatted away in French most of the time, even when I tried to bring them into English.

After lunch, I was tired and frankly did not feel like continuing. Fortunately, the late afternoon class was canceled for a test (although, they are a very active and enjoyable group and could have redeemed my Monday afternoon). I had a final class at 15h00, and went to the wrong classroom again. I had not made a note of the change, and also, I had already been pre-approved for this same classroom (C4), but the teacher insisted that she was in that classroom. So at that moment, I felt like a complete idiot, had to run to the Acceuil and grab a key to a vacant room and then accompany my students to the new room in A14. When I arrived, I tried to boot up the computer and to no avail. I had no sound to give to my students. At the very least, I had enough activities to keep the students busy, including two PowerPoints with famous musicians and musical instruments, a vocabulary lesson, and a crossword puzzle. After it all, I was feeling very inadequate and frustrated. This is perhaps the worst Monday I've had at the lycee. It's awful to feel tired and not quite up-to-speed all day. But there is hope. I do have a choir rehearsal that will perhaps redeem my crappy morning and early afternoon. Here's to hoping it will be a lot of fun and less stressful than this "Monday morning feeling" that has pervaded my entire day.

No comments:

Post a Comment