01 March 2011

New month, new habits

Today is the first day of March, an indicator of the advent of spring, and a way out of the potentially depressing winter (No more snow this side of the Atlantic.) With spring, you can see the results of your New Year's Resolutions and have at least a little time to plan some new ones. It's still the new year after all.

For the month of March, I have almost spontaneously decided to deactivate my facebook account without letting anyone know I'm leaving. I have email and other media to help me communicate. I'm spending too much time doing NOTHING on facebook as it has become my nothing box for quite some time. Don't know how long that will last, but we'll see... In addition, I continue my walk through the Bible in my year-long plan from the ESV Study Bible, which is edifying and enjoyable. And I'm getting back into reading French literature, something I had all but stopped doing for the longest time. I'm into Marivaux at the moment after reading about Stendhal and reading Stendhal's Italian Chronicles, which are epic, bloody, and wickedly sweet. I'm going to download another one this afternoon through the Bibliotheque Nationale's Gallica resource. And to show you how nerdy I am, this is the resource that archives millions of manuscripts from the National Library in Paris. I've used this resource since my first summer in Middlebury.

The sun is shining delightfully through my room's window. I'm going to take a walk (ballader) in the street, listen to Bruckner, and read Marivaux's "La Vie de Marianne." Sounds like a productive day without the stress. Those are the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment