12 February 2011

Feeling Blessed Beyond Measure

I cannot begin to describe what this experience in France has meant to me, but I know it's been one of the most enriching experiences and defining moments of my life. My father has often preached about such "defining moments," and I borrow his term for this entry. The Lord has paved the way for each and every aspect of this journey, and I have been merely an instrument that he has been able to use whether in teaching, playing music, or simply encouraging others around me. That has brought about so much confidence and happiness that I had never really seen before. It makes me smile even more than I used to. I get up, I go to work, and I continue to accept the things that the Lord calls me to do. I may not be completely happy all the time. I may be frustrated and even a little angry at times, but I have learned to go with the flow and take things as they come without complaining, arguing, or being filled with angst. I think the Lord has given me a new level of maturity in handling complex situations that I will be able to carry with me for the rest of my life. It's encouraging, seeing I can make a home here in France for seven months and do it with such ease and in a seamless way. All I can say is that has to be the Lord's grace that is continuing to work within my life. It's not something I earned, not even something I deserve. It's just because the Lord loves me and continues to bless me. Such a beautiful thing. And the thing is, I'm learning to trust the Lord in all things, even in the difficult situations. The God who overcame death itself: I can fully trust him to carry out a plan that for me, is a puzzle, but something that will be worked out during my time on earth.


My acceptance to Brown brings a new and different smile to my face. The Lord has clearly made the way for me to pursue doctoral studies for the next 5-6 years in Providence, Rhode Island. It's a blessing, but it is also a little intrepid for me too. This will be a new adventure into a world I long to be part of in academia. It's my calling, my Big C calling for my Covenant friends. That's serious business, but I'm not worried. I'm putting everything I've got into it and I'm going to relish every minute of my time there. It may be tough at times. There may be times where I may not want to continue. No matter. I've persevered through many things, some things I've not cared to mention, including something I continue to battle and treat with medicine. I'm not going to let that stop me from reaching my aspirations. The Lord has blessed me with an ability to overcome and conquer the seemingly impossible. But nothing is impossible with the Lord. Nothing. He is the almighty and everlasting. He will do what he wills.

I'm excited about these prospects for the new year. In August, I will pick up and move my belongings to Providence, Rhode Island, where I will reside for several years at Brown University. God is good, all the time, and all the time, God is good. Yes to the reciprocity of that statement.

No comments:

Post a Comment