16 January 2011

An explanation for a previous post and a summary of today

I feel I owe an explanation for a statement I made in my previous post that summarized the events in Paris during the holidays. I did not mean to be ill-intentioned or mean toward my parents in being happy that they left when they did. It was just I was happy having seen them for a couple days and knew it was time for them to leave. I love my parents very much and feel loved by them for coming to see me for the holidays. It was something they didn't have to do, but they took the opportunity just to come see me and visit Paris at the same time. I had a good time with them, but I was ready to leave them and Paris at the end of the time there to return to a normal routine and my life as a Mayennais. Just so we're clear on that matter.

Today wasn't bad. The weather seemed to cooperate a bit as the sun came out at certain intervals throughout the day. I got up late once more but arrived on time to my orchestra rehearsal. I'm going to have to find a ride to orchestra rehearsal so as not to inconvenience my family. Orchestra was fine. We had sectionals today, which is always good as I've mentioned before. At the end of the rehearsal, I talked to the concert master Philippe, who is assisting me in finding repertoire so that I can continue solo work. He found two pieces that I'm having a look at, Wieniawski, "Legende," and the Dvorak "Romance." I love the first of these pieces. It's pretty short and yet beautiful and virtuostic, but not in a show-piece kind of way, but no less violinistic. I like those pieces, ones that have soul but are not too pretentious and showy. There are numerous violin showpieces, but I find that there are many other interesting things to look at than showpieces. Then, again, I would love to learn Sarasate's "Carmen Fantasy," which is in itself a showpiece but also an encapsulation of Bizet's famous opera. I've spent the evening alone as my family went to a party in Chateau-Gontier close by. I do not wish to hide the fact that I will be sleeping in tomorrow morning, since I'm very tired and need to get ready for a busy week ahead. And with that, I close this summary of the latest headlines in Mayenne and wish you a beautiful Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment