02 January 2011

Christmas Dinner at the Griffon's house

(I'm writing this a week after the fact, so my memory is a bit fuzzy)

Mass at the Eglise Saint-Martin: Beautiful mass, elaborately formed with liturgical music and call and responses. A short lecture (sermon). We were all done in about an hour. I felt a sense of excitement and anticipation of the Christmas weekend to follow, when I would see my parents.

Dinner after the mass: Coquilles Saint-Jacques (shell fish); main course: flank steak dipped into a Roquefort strong cheese sauce and on the side, walnuts; after main meal: chevre (goat-cheese) wrapped with a strip of bacon over a piece of toasted bread, to the side a salad with a vinaigrette dressing; Poire Belle-Helene-- cold pears with ice cream and chocolate fondue to the side. All with Mercier Champagne (about 4 or 5 glasses). So delicious.

Christmas morning: Ombeline woke me up from my slumbers at about 8:00am saying "Le pere noel a passe par ici." (Father Christmas (Santa) passed by last night!) I couldn't help but giggle silently remembering how much I was excited about descending down to the den to look at my stocking. This time, I left out my shoe for them. I got some chocolates and a book with pictures of Chateaux all over the Loire. I was excited and happy! The kids got chocolates and toys, including an XBox 360. It was fun. I then proceeded to leave at 9:15am for my train at the Laval train station.

No comments:

Post a Comment